Fire Camp Staff – Bakers / Baker & Breakfast Cooks
Posted on June 18, 2020
- Constant standing/walking
- Constant hand usage
- Occasional squatting, kneeling & bending
- Able to lift up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs) occasionally and up to 8.9 kg (20 lbs) frequently
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, managerial, leadership, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must possess a Journeyman Cook designation or equivalent experience (3 – 5 years minimum).
- Must possess Advanced Food Safe Certification and Standard First Aid Certification with CPR
- Must be literate in the English language with reading and writing competency.
- Must comply with the company drug & alcohol, and criminal background screening policies and procedures
- Must be able to prepare from scratch a wide variety of baked goods such as cookies, muffins, squares, cakes, pies, breads, buns and pastries.
- Meet daily with the Chef to discuss preparation and production of all baked items and breakfast menu.
- Supervise the night shift kitchen staff, overseeing all departments.Oversee the daily preparation, production, handling, storage, rotation and serving of all baked items. These will include breakfast pastries (muffins, cinnamon buns, etc.), lunch box pastries (cookies, squares, etc.) and main meal desserts (cakes, puddings, pies, jello, etc.).
- Ensure the proper storage, handling and rotation of all stock involved in the production of baked goods as per HACCP approved methods.
- Oversee, direct and be responsible for all subordinate staff involved in the preparation, production, storage and serving of all baked goods.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bakeshop area, including storage areas, refrigeration areas and all equipment.
- Ensure that food spoilage and waste are kept to a minimum.
- Breakfast preparation and service.
- Ensure adequate quantities of the menu choices are prepared as per the menu plan, and follow all production quotas as set by the Chef.
- Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
- Prepare and cook breakfast.
- Replenish service line as required.
- Prepare and set up rig boxes.
- Prepare and set up a full cold breakfast bar for breakfast.Maintain personal cleanliness and hygiene throughout shift.
- Monitor and order baking supplies.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with camp staff and client.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Represent Western Camp Services in a manner that represents and holds true to our core values and standards.
“Teamwork is the key to success!”
Apply online now!