Fire Camp Staff- Camp Attendants
Posted on June 18, 2020
- Constant standing/walking
- Frequent hand usage
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, bending
- Able to lift up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs) occasionally and up to 8.9 kg (20 lbs) frequently
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Must possess good communication, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Must have Standard First Aid Certification with CPR.
- Must be fluent and literate in the English language.
- Must be in good health and physical condition to perform the duties assigned.
- Must comply with the company drug & alcohol, and criminal background screening policies and procedures
- Inspect work area and equipment at the beginning of shift.
- Meet daily at with the HCA and / or Manager to discuss daily work load and cleaning assignments & Tool Box Talk.
- Daily workloads will be spread evenly between all Camp Attendants by Head Camp Attendant / Camp Manager
- Service of rooms daily in all bunkhouse’s including making beds, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping. This also includes cleaning tops of closets, blinds and light fixtures.
- Change all bed linens weekly or when room occupant changes.
- Sweep and mop all floors and remove all stains from walls in your daily designated areas (i.e. bunkhouse hallways, recreation hall, office complex, washrooms, shower rooms, etc.).
- Clean entire room including the floors, walls, closets, drawers, chairs, medicine chests, etc. when check outs
- Fill and replenish all appropriate items in your area including hand soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Clean all washrooms, shower rooms, and common areas completely and thoroughly according to company approved methods and standards. Empty and clean mop buckets after each use
- Shovel all walkways and entrances
- Observe and report any equipment missing, repairs or damages and record these on your bunkhouse maintenance sheet and to your Manager.
- Wash towels and face clothes during shift
- Store all linens in a secure place to discourage loss. Keep an accurate count of all bedding and towels and report all shortages.
- Dispose of all garbage for your designated areas.
- Ensure all chemicals and cleaners are labelled and safely stored in proper storage containers. Read MSDS prior to use.
- Attend and take part in daily safety meeting, discuss any near misses or incidents. Complete daily safety paperwork.
- Assist with inventories, stand bys, moves and shut downs.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head Camp Attendant or Camp Manager.
- Represent Western Camp Services in a manner that represents and holds true to our core values and standards.
“Teamwork is the key to success!”
Apply online now!