Fire Camp Staff – Maintenance
Posted on June 18, 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs skilled work in the maintenance and repair
- Tears down and rebuilds skirting;
- Performs bench carpentry using shop equipment and power tools such as drills, saws, sanders, planers, air nailers, routers, and radial arm saws;
- Assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of water, and drainage systems;
- Schedules, monitors, and verifies the installation, repair, and testing
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs on cooling and air distribution systems;
- Repairs or replaces leaking and defective roofing using materials such as roll roofing, roof coating, primer sealers, flashing, etc., and installs roofing tiles;
- Repairs doors, door checks, and locks;
- Mixes prepared paint and paints a variety of surfaces both inside and outside of buildings using brushes, spray guns, and rollers;
- Studies building plans and drawings to determine materials, tools, and sequence of work to be performed;
- Estimates and orders materials and supplies with approval from Vice President Operations;
- Cleans equipment and work areas;
- Trains new and existing staff in existing work methods to ensure conformance with accepted standards;
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some positions will require the performance of other essential and marginal functions depending upon work location, assignment or shift.
- This position requires the use of a Company vehicle. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, a drivers abstract and a negative drug and alcohol test. This vehicle must not leave the worksite without the approval of the Maintenance Manager or the Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position that requires Drug & Alcohol Screening on a regular basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three years of skilled level experience in building maintenance and repair work, with a high level of proficiency in at least two of the building trades.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be considered
- Standard First Aid Certification with CPR
- OSSA Fall Protection
- This position has limited access to highly sensitive and/or proprietary corporate information. Inappropriate disclosure or release of such information will not be tolerated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough Knowledge of QHSE policies and practices
- Ability to converse fluently in oral and written English;
- Ability to travel to remote locations to monitor and direct work in progress;
- Ability to provide marketing, sales and customer service support
NOTE: This position is responsible for repairs and maintenance of Western Camp Services equipment only.
Apply online now!