Fire Camp Staff – Red Seal Chef
Posted on June 18, 2020
- Constant standing/walking
- Constant hand usage
- Occasional squatting, kneeling & bending
- Able to lift up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs) occasionally and up to 8.9 kg (20 lbs) frequently
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, managerial (5 years minimum), leadership, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must possess a Red Seal Chef designation
- Must be able to use all hot food preparation equipment such as ovens, griddles and fryers, and able to operate production equipment.
- Must possess Advanced Food Safe Certification and Standard First Aid Certification with CPR
- Must be literate in the English language with reading and writing competency.
- Must comply with the company drug & alcohol, and criminal background screening policies and procedures
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- All cooked food must be fresh, kept hot, tasty and presentable.
- All cold food must be fresh, kept cold, tasty and presentable.
- Menu plan must be coordinated on a weekly basis. Food order should reflect what is on the menu.
- Post menu for dinner. Be creative.
- Estimate food requirements and control food cost
- Supervise activities of cooks, baker, salad maker, sandwich maker, kitchen helpers, dishwashers, dining room attendants, Maintenance person and housekeeping staff.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques
- Requisition of kitchen supplies and janitorial supplies.
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing, presentation of food and cleanliness.
- Hold safety and tailgate meeting and take notes.
- Delegate work projects and cleaning schedules. Keep records of cleaning completed. If supervision is required, make up daily duty roster.
- Supervise unloading of goods to the proper areas and making sure all stock is rotated. Eliminate unnecessary food waste.
- Keep Freezers and Coolers clean and organized at all times.
- Temperature checks daily.
- Storeroom must be clean, organized and stock rotated.
- Monthly inventory completed and sent to head office.
- Each department is responsible for reporting any food requirements before order day.
- All outside areas must be free of garbage, empty boxes and any waste products.
- All new employees must be explained the importance of safe work practices, work place hazards and good hygiene.
- Work place accidents/incidents must be documented and reported to head office.
- Must order specific quantities of food while staying within their budget.
- Customer complaints and inquires handled in a professional and immediate manner
- Establish and maintain good working relationship and communication with field supervisor
- Attend all safety meetings as requested by client
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Plan, organize, assign direct and evaluate the work of staff members.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with camp staff and client.
- Assist operations with gathering information regarding any accident investigations as it pertains to WCB Management.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Food Service and/or Camp Manager.
- Represent Western Camp Services in a manner that represents and holds true to our core values and standards.
“Teamwork is the key to success!”
Apply online now!