Fire Camp Staff – Sous Chef
Posted on June 18, 2020
- Constant standing/walking
- Constant hand usage
- Occasional squatting, kneeling & bending
- Able to lift up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs) occasionally and up to 8.9 kg (20 lbs) frequently
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, managerial (2 years minimum), leadership, organizational and supervisory skills.
- Must possess a Journeyman Cook designation or equivalent experience (3 – 5 years minimum).
- Must be able to use all hot food preparation equipment such as ovens, griddles and fryers, and able to operate production equipment.
- Must possess Advanced Food Safe Certification and Standard First Aid Certification with CPR
- Must be literate in the English language with reading and writing competency.
- Must comply with the company drug & alcohol, and criminal background screening policies and procedures
- Inspect work area and equipment at the beginning of shift.
- Based on the weekly menu plan, prepare and present top meals and desserts according to menu specifications and crew size.
- Ensure that food costs and stock are controlled and that all groceries are utilized effectively, keeping food spoilage and waste to a minimum.
- Ensure staff is completing tasks in a safe manner.
- Ensure all temperature logs are completed daily and kept
- Supervise all staff involved in the preparation and serving of meals.
- Ensure that work areas, equipment and the camp are cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
- Assist with unloading, loading, stocking and storing of groceries and supplies using HACCP and company approved methods.
- Oversee, participate in and be responsible for the handling, preparation, production and timely service of all meals in accordance with the methods and standards approved by the Chef.
- Check that prepared and stored foods are being kept at the appropriate temperatures, according to approved HACCP methods.
- Defrost stock for upcoming meals according to approved HACCP methods and safety procedures.
- Clean and cut all protein.
- Prepare all soups and sauces for daily meal service.
- Ensure that all paperwork and food inventories are completed properly, neatly and accurately, then faxed or emailed to the appropriate person at the specified times.
- Ensure that all visitors’ meals are accounted for and recorded properly on the meal sheets.
- Address client concerns regarding catering services in a professional and positive manner.
- Assist operations with gathering information regarding any accident investigations as it pertains to WCB Management.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with camp staff and client.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Represent Western Camp Services in a manner that represents and holds true to our core values and standards.
“Teamwork is the key to success!”
Apply online now!