Spotlight on One of Our “Great People”
March 20, 2014
Question 1. Home town?
- Born and raised in Calgary.
Question 2. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- When I was really young it was a lawyer, then it changed to Hotel & Restaurant Manager. I ended up taking Events Management.
Question 3. Favourite movie?
Question 4. Favourite book?
- A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Alchemist
Question 5. Favourite meal?
- Hands down has to be homemade thin crust pizza, baked on a pizza stone.
Question 6. Famous person you have met?
- A guy named Wayne Abbott, he’s not really famous but he wrote a book called Born to be in the Bush and it’s about himself living in Seymour Arm, my favourite place to be on my time off. He still lives there and he gave me his book for a free burger from the Burger Bus. Every few days he would come and visit and we would talk about the book and what parts I liked. We still visit every so often when I am there.
Question 7. What brought you to Western?
- I spent a year working in property management and it was a highly stressful position and I needed a change. I took that summer off to do some soul searching and it turned out that Trevor worked for Western the previous year and said it was a great company, so I applied. Turns out it is a great Company! I love the fact that you can go into the office and everyone is so friendly, it really has felt like a family.
Question 8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Maybe go back to school to be a project manager. I kind of miss school and learning something new everyday.
Posted in: Spotlight on One of Our "Great People"